December 21, 2011 in Family Dynamics
Enjoying the holiday Yule season has often become about the commercialism of the event and it has slowly continued to move us away from the real reason for the season. This time of year is a time of rebirth that is crucial to the balance of the universe and within our personal lives as well. In addition to the changing seasons and the rebirth of the sun, we are struggling with the internal wheel of the self that is moving through another journey of the shadow half of the year.
All of these components of the season make it extremely important to reflect on and find the lessons that we are learning so they can be incorporated into living a better life. If life is but one lesson after another that aids each person in embracing themselves, isn’t it important that we take all the various moments thrown at us to use as ways to grow beyond our imagination? I think this is very important to the path of spiritual growth and it makes Yule appear to be one of the more valuable times of the year; and this has nothing to do with Santa Claus dolls and presents under the tree. The reason for the season starts and stops with our ability to integrate our shadows into our daily living so that we can maintain a sense of gratefulness for every moment of life and for those within it.
In an attempt to put spirituality back into the season of sharing, let us look at Yule as a reminder of what we should be conscious of every day of the year.
- Our shadow lives with us every day and it is a matter of balance and understanding that matters the most.
- Every new day gives the chance to be reborn a new. Every day the sun is reborn and rises to its full potential at some point within that day. Every moment we breath is another chance to be reborn into another moment, allowing us to give birth to a new self at any time that we choose.
- Presents do not express gratefulness or gratitude. Sharing moments of love, attentiveness, empathy for one another and action shows gratitude and gratefulness.
- The closure of one element of life brings about new hope and creates space for the manifestation of something new to come. While death is painful, birth brings with it an opportunity to cherish the many wonders of the death, life, rebirth process within the universe. I am humbled by death just as much as I am humbled by life.
- And most importantly, there is no one time of year to share your self with those that you love. We save money all year to give to others when it should be something we do everyday. Yule is not a time of year that trumps all other times of the year. It is a celebration of the continuous turning of the wheel. If you find yourself saving money to celebrate the holidays, you should ask yourself why every day should be different than this time of year; hopefully your answer in return is that it should not be.
Coming together for any purpose is magical and it should be. Today we celebrate the rebirth of the sun as it gains power to move us through the coming calendar year. May the reminder of our individual importance and our collective power help to set the course for the coming 2012 year. Bring with you all of the magic and wonder of life as you continue on your spiritual journey to learning, growth and personal power. May it be as powerful for you as birth is and may you find the answers within the light that you struggled to find in the dark.
Blessed Be, Blessed Yule, Blessed Solstice and a Happy New Year. Raise your glass and toast to the Gods while you celebrate the true meaning of the season; a renewal of self, acceptance of the importance of the shadow, sharing with those you love and forward movement.